UP

Putin does not plan attend to Security Conference

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Putin does not plan attend to Security Conference

Russian President Vladimir Putin currently has no plans to take part in the Munich Security Conference to be held in February.

Azar.az reports that, presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told TASS.

"[Participation in this event] is not planned by the president," he said.

The Munich Security Conference traditionally brings together the heads of state, government, international organizations and influential experts. Russian representatives have taken part in it since the late 1990s.

Putin delivered a report titled "Russia’s role in international politics" at the conference ten years ago. His speech, in which the Russian president noted the importance of a multipolar world and the need to eliminate double standards in global politics, later became famous.

Russia was also represented at the conference by Sergey Ivanov who at various times served as Security Council Secretary, Deputy Prime Minister, Defense Minister and the Kremlin Chief of Staff and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev took part in the conference last year.

Date
2017.01.11 / 14:48
Author
Axar.az
See also

Turkish Parliament to commemorate Khojaly genocide

Pakistan and Azerbaijan discuss bilateral cooperation

Iran insists nuclear material will not leave country

Iran, Qatar FMs discuss regional issues and US-Iran talks

Trump weighs ‘Token’ enrichment deal as military options loom

US blocked from using UK bases in potential Iran strike

Trump to impose 10% global tariff under 1974 trade law

Iran’s transport minister to visit Azerbaijan on Feb. 22

Trump to travel to China amid trade tensions

Aliyev, Pashinyan pictured together at Washington summit

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla