Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

Japanese, US diplomats agree on Korean provocations

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The US and Japanese diplomats agreed on Monday on the inadmissibility of North Korea's lasting provocations after Pyongyang's latest missile launch, adding that the two countries will continue close cooperation to suppress the DPRK.

Axar.az reports.citing Sputnik.

Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Director General for Asian and Oceanian Affairs Kenji Kanasugi and US Special Representative for North Korea Policy Joseph Yun agreed that the continuation of North Korea’s provocations is unacceptable as Pyongyang launched a new missile earlier in the day, the Japanese foreign ministry said in a statement Monday.

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said earlier in the day that Tokyo expresses strong protest to Pyongyang as the missile fell into Japan's exclusive economic zone, almost 190 miles from Japanese Oki Islands. According to Suga, no damage to Japan's ships or aircraft has not been registered so far. The Japanese official also stressed that North Korea’s actions are a violation of UN Security Council’s resolutions.

“Both sides shared a point of view on the inadmissibility of continuing provocative actions of North Korea and agreed, on the basis of the results of G7 summit and the US-Japanese bilateral meeting on the sidelines, to continue close cooperation, including through the UN platforms,” the ministry said.

The countries also agreed to continue joint cooperation with South Korea on the issue of Pyongyang, according to the statement.

Tensions around North Korea's activities with both nuclear and non-nuclear weapons have drastically escalated in recent months, after Pyongyang conducted a number of nuclear tests and ballistic missile launches in violation of the UN Security Council's resolutions.

Date
2017.05.29 / 09:51
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Turkish Embassy commemorates martyrs' memory - Photo

French government does not recognise the independence of Karabakh

Karabakh statement from Germany

Erdogan: A new era has begun in the Karabakh conflict

Bayramov and Cavushoglu spoke on the phone

Karabakh statement from Zakharova

Karabakh deal will have a positive impact on regional stability

US election system under assault and siege: Trump

Jeyhun Bayramov spoke with Lavrov about Karabakh

Message from Akar to Azerbaijan: We are with you

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla