UP

London station evacuated after bomb threat

Home page Society
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
London station evacuated after bomb threat

British police said on Friday London's Charing Cross rail terminal had been evacuated after reports of man on the tracks claiming to have a bomb.

Axar.az informs citing Reuters.

"The station has been evacuated as a precaution and no services are currently stopping at the station," British Transport Police said on Twitter.

The police said later they had arrested the man at the railway station. "A man claiming to have a bomb at #CharingCross station has now been arrested," British Transport Police said. "We are now working to reopen the station as soon as possible."

Footage on social media showed a large police presence including armed officers at the station which handles services to the capital from southeast England.

Britain is on currently on its second highest threat level of "severe", meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

Date
2018.06.22 / 12:15
Author
Axar.az
See also

Rainy weather forecast for Baku and regions on May 18

UN, Azerbaijan flags raised at WUF13 opening - Video

World Urban Forum 13 opens in Baku today

WUF13 to host session on ADY’s role in urban development

Baku Urban Week to host citywide events on May 17

'Land of Fire' shines at Royal Windsor Horse Show - Photo

WUF13 in Baku demonstrates international commitment

Another group of residents, relocated to Khojaly district

Rain and thunderstorms expected in Baku on May 17

WUF13 would be moment to build political consensus

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla