Axar.az
UP

Google formally rejects EU antitrust charges

Home page Technology
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Alphabet (GOOGL.O) unit Google rejected on Thursday EU antitrust charges of unfairly promoting its shopping service and blocking rivals in online search advertising, saying there was no factual, legal or economic basis to the accusations.

Google's general counsel Kent Walker said on a blog that the European Commission's shopping case was based on a theory that was not in line with market reality.

"We never compromised the quality or relevance of the information we received. On the contrary, we improved it. That isn't 'favoring' - that's listening to our customers," Walker said.

His comments came as the company formally replied to the two charges, one of which it received in April last year and the other in July this year, earlier on Thursday.

Date
2016.11.03 / 22:28
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Space rock to pass closer than some satellites

Musk claims a free version of Twitter Blue is in development

Twitter lost 80 pc of its workforce under Elon Musk

Microsoft is discontinuing this operating system

New features are coming to Twitter

Wikipedia owner denies Saudi infiltration claim

Elon Musk reportedly fires Twitter content moderation staff

Tesla owners in China protest against surprise price

Russia risks causing new-year IT worker flight

NASA’s Artemis 1 Orion spacecraft returns to Kennedy SC

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla