UP

Austria: Parliament target of Turkish hackers

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Austria: Parliament target of Turkish hackers

Austrian officials say the country’s parliament was the target of a hacker attack on the weekend, and a Turkish group has claimed responsibility.

Axar.az reports that, Parliament spokeswoman Susanna Enk says Parliament’s web page was down for about 20 minutes Sunday as a result but there was no loss of data.

She identified the hackers on Tuesday as Aslan Neferler Tim, ANT), or Lion Soldiers Team, a group she said also claimed to be behind cyberattacks last year on the foreign and defense ministries.

On its Facebook page on Sunday afternoon, above a screenshot indicating the website was not loading, ANT said in Turkish: "Our reaction will be harsh in response to this racism of Austria against Muslims!!! (Parliament down)."

ANT says it has carried out "operations" against the pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), the Austrian central bank and an Austrian airport.

The website was brought down after the server was flooded with service requests, a so-called DDoS-attack, similar to an attack last November that targeted the Foreign Affairs and Defence Ministries' websites, a statement from parliament said.

Date
2017.02.07 / 21:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Slovenia’s parliament approves Janez Jansa as PM

Von der Leyen: Terror against civilians is despair

Iran claims it downed an Israeli surveillance drone

Building collapse in Philippines kills one, 20 trapped

Macron and Lukashenko hold phone talks

Saudi Defense Ministry boosts security for Hajj season - Video

Bahrain jails nine for life over IRGC links

Pezeshkian reiterates no compromise on national dignity

Ozel and his supporters removed from CHP headquarters - Video

Garabagh horses draw attention in Europe - Photo

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla