Axar.az
UP

Roadside bomb kills 11 Afghans headed to wedding

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

A suspected roadside bomb killed as many as 11 people from the same family on their way to a wedding in eastern Afghanistan on Friday, an official said.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters, five women, five children and a man in a vehicle were killed and one woman and two men were wounded in the blast in Logar province, just south of the capital of Kabul, said Mohammad Halim Fedayee, the provincial governor.

"All were members of one family," he said. "They were going to attend a wedding ceremony."

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but the United Nations has criticized insurgent groups like the Taliban for using roadside bombs that often strike civilians.

The first four months of 2017 saw the highest recorded number of child casualties from the conflict in Afghanistan, the United Nations reported on Monday, with at least 283 killed and 704 wounded as of the end of April.

Last year, at least 3,498 civilians were killed and 7,920 were wounded, a combined increase of 3 percent over 2015, according to a U.N. report released in February.

Date
2017.05.19 / 17:39
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

A chemical plant was blown up in Iran

Sargsyan wants more authority

Serbian Orthodox Church flouts virus restrictions

Israel launches a national plan to strengthen the industry

Turkey reports over 400,000 coronavirus recoveries

About 250 protesters detained in Minsk

Trump: I will provide evidence of fraud

Armenian president calls for amending the constitution

Police raid house and clinic of a doctor of Maradona

Houthi shelling kills 7 civilians in western Yemen

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla