UP

Suicide bombing kills 6 soldiers in Yemen’s Aden

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Suicide bombing kills 6 soldiers in Yemen’s Aden

At least six soldiers were killed in a car bombing in Yemen’s southern city of Aden on Tuesday, according to medical source.

Axar.az reports citing Turkish media that the bombing struck a main security building the city, which is the temporary seat of Yemen’s internationally recognized government.

Medics pulled out the bodies of six soldiers from under the rubble of the building, which was totally destroyed by the bombing, said a local medical source, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The source said 14 people were also injured in the attack, including five critically.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attack.

Last week, more than 40 people were killed in a suicide bombing and militant attack claimed by Daesh terrorist group on a security building in Aden.

Impoverished Yemen has remained in a state of civil war since 2014, when Houthi rebels overran much of the country, including the capital Sanaa.

The conflict escalated when Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies launched a massive air campaign in 2015 aimed at reversing Houthi military gains and strengthening Yemen’s embattled government.

In September, a UN human rights report said al-Qaeda was operational in parts of war-torn Yemen, taking advantage of the chaos gripping the Arab country.

Date
2017.11.14 / 12:36
Author
Axar.az
See also

Zelensky confirms strike on Russian chemical plant

Pakistan army chief meets Iranian president

16 killed in attack on Starobilsk college

Turkiye captures 10 ISIS suspects in Syria

CHP reelects Ozgur Ozel as parliamentary group chair

6.0 magnitude earthquake hits Hawaii island

Israel strikes Hezbollah sites in Beqaa and Tyre

Iran-US talks on ending war still ongoing

Earl Rasmussen explains White House bunker plan

USCIS: Applicants must leave US for green card process

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla