UP

Trump announces the beginning of "Long overdue pullout"

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Trump announces the beginning of "Long overdue pullout"

US President Donald Trump tweeted that Washington is beginning its pullout of US troops from Syria.

Axar.az reports citing Sputnik.

Trump announced on his Twitter page that US troops in Syria are starting their pullout "while hitting the little remaining ISIS terrorists 'from many directions", adding that US "will attack again from existing nearby base if it [ISIS terrorist group] reforms".

In tweets, Trump claimed that 'Russia, Iran and Syria have been the biggest beneficiaries of the long term U.S. policy of destroying ISIS in Syria'.

The US president also warned that it 'will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds'.

In December 2018, Trump declared victory over ISIS additionally claiming that he would withdraw some 2,000 US troops currently deployed in the war-torn Middle Eastern nation. Previously Washington said that it would not disclose a timeline for the withdrawal of its troops, and pledging that the US-led international coalition's fight against terrorism would continue.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo earlier this month said that ensuring the Turkish military does not massacre the Kurds would be a key priority for the United States following the Pentagon's withdrawal of its troops from Syria.

A US-led coalition of over 70 member-nations has been conducting military operations against the ISIS terror group in Syria and Iraq. Coalition strikes in Syria are neither authorized by the government of President Bashar Assad nor by the United Nations Security Council.

Date
2019.01.14 / 09:12
Author
Axar.az
See also

War reached turning point as pressure on Russia grows

Explosion at MOL plant in Tiszaujvaros kills one - Video

Iran and Oman in talks over Hormuz ship payment system

US House Republicans cancel Iran war powers vote

Rubio says US arrested sister of Cuba’s GAESA chief

Drone strike hits college dorm in Luhansk, 4 killed

Pashinyan rules out Russian gas price hike for Armenia

Russian military losses updated on day 1549

WUF13 releases agenda for May 22

Sumud aid flotilla members arrive in Turkiye

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla