|Home page Politics|
The U.S. on Friday reiterated its readiness for dialogue with North Korea despite the latter holding massive defense drills twice since last week, media reports said.
Axar.az reports citing foreign media that, in a meeting with South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha, U.S. special envoy for North Korea Stephen Biegun said in Seoul: “The door remains open for North Korea to return to nuclear negotiations”, Yonhap News Agency reported.
Pyongyang test fired “missile launches” twice since last weekend amid security tensions with South Korea and the U.S.
It was the second time U.S. repeated its dialogue message in less than a week.
After last weekend’s missile tests, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said: "We still have every intention of negotiating a good resolution with North Korea to get them to denuclearize."
“While assessing [the current point] as a very crucial juncture to continue communication and cooperation between the South and the U.S., Representative Biegun said that the door for North Korea's return to negotiations remains open,” Yonhap cited a statement by South Korean Foreign Ministry.
2019.05.10 / 14:53