UP

Gunmen kidnap 52 students from Catholic school in Nigeria

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Gunmen kidnap 52 students from Catholic school in Nigeria

Gunmen in Nigeria kidnapped 52 students from a Catholic school in Niger state.

Axar.az reports, citing Reuters, a statement from the Niger state government confirmed there had been a kidnapping but said the number of abducted pupils was still being checked.

“The Niger State Government has received with deep sadness the disturbing news of the kidnapping of pupils from St. Mary’s School,” the statement said, adding that security agencies were searching for the students.

Nigeria has witnessed a spate of attacks by gunmen, including the kidnapping on Monday of 25 schoolgirls from a boarding school in Kebbi state.

The attacks have shone a spotlight on insecurity in the West African country and forced President Bola Tinubu to postpone foreign trips.

Date
2025.11.21 / 14:25
Author
Axar.az
See also

Tulsi Gabbard resigns from Trump Cabinet

UN Deputy Chief visits ASAN Service Center in Baku

Pakistan Army Chief Asim Munir arrives in Tehran

Putin convenes Security Council meeting - Breaking

Rubio meets Fidan at NATO ministers’ meeting

Russian envoy claims Germany preparing for conflict

Hatay floods leave four dead, one missing

Putin orders response measures after Starobilsk strike

Tsikhanouskaya expected to visit Ukraine soon

Ukrainian army losses updated on 1,549th day of war

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla