UP

Trump says US not satisfied with Iran deal talks

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Trump says US not satisfied with Iran deal talks

US President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Washington is not yet satisfied with the direction of talks with Iran, despite insisting that Tehran is interested in reaching a deal.

Axar.az reports, citing US media, speaking at a Cabinet meeting, Trump said Iran “very much intends” to make an agreement.

"Iran is very much intent; they want very much to make a deal. So far they haven’t gotten there … we’re not satisfied with it, but we will be. We will be either that or we’ll have to just finish the job,” Trump told reporters at a cabinet meeting at the White House.

Trump also said any deal would ensure the Strait of Hormuz remains open and not controlled by any single country.

"We’ll watch over it, but nobody’s going to control it. That’s part of the negotiation that we have," Trump said.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there had been “some progress” in the talks, noting that further developments could emerge “over the next few hours and days” as negotiations continue.

"I think there’s been some progress and some interest, and we’ll see over the next few hours and days whether progress could be made,” Rubio said during the cabinet meeting," Rubio said at the meeting.

Date
2026.05.27 / 22:12
Author
Axar.az
See also

Russian forces captured two Ukrainian settlements

Shehbaz Sharif thanks Trump for support on defense pact

Hamas to disarm only if Netanyahu backs plan

Russia strikes Ukraine’s port infrastructure, vessels

Russian military losses updated on day 1636

Iranian drones target Barzani’s office

Russia builds at least 10 bases for new drone attacks

Fake Khamenei-Pezeshkian meeting footage circulates online - Video

EU to significantly expand sanctions on Russia

Iran sees us-israel ceasefire as preparation for new war

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla