|Home page World|
UN Secretary-General spokesman said that Moroccan peacekeeper that had been missing after the attack on a UN convoy in Central African Republic earlier this week was found dead.
Axar.az reports citing to Sputnik a Moroccan peacekeeper that had been missing after the attack on a UN convoy in Central African Republic earlier this week was found dead, UN Secretary-General spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters on Thursday.
"The Moroccan peacekeeper who had been reported missing has now been found dead. We extend our condolences to the people and government of Morocco," Dujarric said.
On Monday, the UN Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) convoy was attacked by Anti-Balaka militia near the village of Yogofongo, located 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) from the country's south-eastern city of Bangassou.
The total number of the victims of the attack now amounts to five, four nationals from Cambodia and one Moroccan.
2017.05.11 / 21:29