UP

Saudi Arabia says thwarted attack on offshore oil field

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Saudi Arabia says thwarted attack on offshore oil field

Saudi Arabia said Monday it had disrupted an attack on an offshore oil field.

Axar.az reports citing Yeni Safak.

A government statement carried by the official SPA news agency said three boats bearing "white and red flags" entered Saudi territorial waters on Friday and raced toward the Marjan oil field.

The statement said Saudi naval forces fired warning shots and captured one of the boats, while the two others had escaped.

It said the captured boat "was loaded with weapons for a subversive purpose."

The statement, however, did not say who was behind the attack.

On Friday, Iran accused Saudi coast guards of opening fire on Iranian fishing boats, killing a fisherman.

Relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran have strained since Riyadh severed diplomatic ties with Tehran early last year after its diplomatic missions in Tehran and Mashhad came under mob attacks following the execution of a Saudi Shia cleric.

Date
2017.06.19 / 15:48
Author
Axar.az
See also

New chapter opened in Iran-Azerbaijan relations

Turkish lawmaker Melih Meric stabbed in Gaziantep

UK will support Ukraine 100% in war against Russia

Former Turkish transport minister’s grave to be exhumed

UAE air defense detects missile threat targeting country

Abdullah Gul hails law on Kurdish issue as new opening

Ukrainian army losses updated on 1,637th day of war

Trump says no talks scheduled with Iran

Syria arrests senior ISIS leader in Aleppo - Photo

Two prisoners executed in Iran’s Shiraz

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla