UP

More than 2,800 judges, prosecutors dismissed

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
More than 2,800 judges, prosecutors dismissed

More than 2,800 judges and prosecutors were dismissed from their posts Wednesday in wake of the July 15 coup attempt, Turkey’s top judicial board announced.

The general assembly of Turkish Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) met in Ankara Wednesday to decide the fates of 2,847 suspended judges and prosecutors, the board said in a post on its official website. The assembly decided to dismiss all of them under a statutory decree issued last month during Turkey's current three-month state of emergency.


At least 240 people were martyred in the coup attempt, which the government has said was organized by the followers of Fetullah Gulen, founder of Fetullah Terror Organization.


Gulen is also accused of leading a long-running campaign to overthrow the Turkish government through the infiltration of state institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary, forming what is commonly known as the parallel state.

Date
2016.08.24 / 22:45
Author
Axar.az
See also

Beijing pushes for advanced nuclear capabilities, US intel

Lieutenant colonel among two killed in Pakistan attack

Russia proposes new rules for children of migrant workers

Ukraine's MFA: Ultimatums belong to Kremlin, not Kyiv

Israel strikes Hezbollah HQs to weaken rocket units

Orban mocks EU’s plan to defeat Russia on battlefield

Trump moves to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria

Trump approves emergency disaster aid for Washington

German Chancellor Merz set to meet Trump in Washington

Iranian students begin new university term with protests

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla