|Home page Official News|
Anja Loven’s photo with baby that saved a baby’s life in Nigeria graced the headlines of the world's press a long time.
Co-founder at African Childrens Aid Education and Development Foundation Founder, Director and head of the Center founder Anja Loven responded the questions of the Axar.az.
– How is going in DINNødhjælp/ACAEDF? What you are doing now?
– DINNødhjælp bought a very big plot of land in Nigeria last year, and currently we are building a new and very big orphanage in collaboration with Engineers Without Boarders. At our land we are also building a Health Clinic ( we will call it Hope´s Clinic ) for our children but also for the whole local community to use.
– Everybody knows about you and little Hope. World was in shocked when saw his weak body on photo with you. How is Hope's health? Did he start to live in Children Center?
– Hope is now out of the hospital and is living at DINNødhjælp/ACAEDF Childrens Home in Nigeria together with the rest of our 35 children. Hope is really a miracle. For him to survive is truly a miracle. He is improving everyday. His health is very good now and he is eating normally, walking and playing with the children everyday.
– The Danish ambassador in Nigeria came to lay the first brick at our Ground Breaking ceremony. Does government provides financial assistance?
– We have not received any financial fund from the Danish Government. Due to the severe pressure on Europe from the refugees all funds from the Government are being used for the refugees. The Danish Ambassador came to our ceremony out of pure love and passion for our work. His wife is a member in an organization and that organization just granted us a donation. So even though we have not received any fund from the government we are really getting a lot of private help from the ambassador and his wife.
– Any upcoming projects?
– We are also going to build a computer training center and a lot more. It´s a big plot and our main focus is to bring awareness of the importance of education for our children but also for the children in the local community.
2016.04.25 / 17:26