|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents the interview with Russian military expert and political scientist Igor Pankratenko:
- When Pashinyan, Sargsyan and Tonoyan met with the UAE Defense Minister, it was decided to strengthen cooperation between the two countries. Considering the problem between Syria and Turkey, is it possible to involve Armenia in a war against Turkey?
- Some Arabic states such as Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Syria, Qatar and Sudan have problems with Turkey. Of course, they want to involve Armenia to an anti-Turkey coalition.
- I guess you are not talking about the military powerful ally.
- Of course it’s not about the military ally. Why they would need Armenia as a military ally? It’s only for using the great opportunities of Armenian lobby in Ankara, Washington and in specially France.
- How Armenian lobby can help them?
- Firstable, promotion of anti-Turkish confrontations in the political structure of the European Union and the United States is a key task. Moreover, the Arab monarchies and Egypt are ready to really give good money to the Armenian lobby for this purpose.
- How can official Ankara resist this?
- Official Ankara has limited chances to oppose it. However, the Turks have repeatedly proven their competitors that they are able to win the information and the lobby war. Let’s hope that this time same things will happen.
2019.05.04 / 10:32