UP

Trump safe after shots fired in Washington hotel - Video

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Trump safe after shots fired in Washington hotel -

President Donald Trump was evacuated from the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on Saturday night after a shooting incident at the Washington Hilton forced guests to take cover and prompted a large-scale security response.

Axar.az reports, citing Politico, law enforcement officials confirmed that a suspect is in custody following the incident, which unfolded shortly after the annual media gala began.

Authorities said the individual was armed and attempted to breach a security checkpoint before being apprehended. Charges are expected to include assault on a federal officer and firearm-related offenses, with prosecutors indicating that terrorism-related charges have not been ruled out.

Secret Service personnel quickly evacuated the president from the venue. One officer was reportedly shot but protected by a ballistic vest and is in stable condition, according to Trump, who later praised the response by security forces.

“The response was fast and professional,” Trump said during a late-night briefing, adding that he had been informed the injured officer was “doing great.” He also confirmed the event would be rescheduled.

Authorities said the suspect was acting alone and was found carrying multiple weapons, including a shotgun, handgun, and knives. Investigators are continuing to examine motive and background.

The White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, typically a high-profile gathering of political leaders and journalists, was cancelled following the attack. Security at major federal events in Washington is expected to be reviewed in the aftermath.

Date
2026.04.26 / 10:30
Author
Axar.az
See also

Mango scion released on bail after arrest over father's death

Ushakov signals possible Putin-Trump meeting in China

Israel’s parliament takes first step toward dissolution

Armenia not take any abrupt actions in relations with Russia

Moscow rejects claims of Russian campaign against Pashinyan

Ukraine hits Russian refinery for second time in week - Video

Meloni shares gift from Modi on social media - Video

Araghchi: Our Armed Forces 1st to strike down a touted F-35

San Diego mosque attack livestreamed by gunmen - Video

Ryazan oil refinery halted output after drone attack

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla