UP

Mango scion released on bail after arrest over father's death

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Mango scion released on bail after arrest over father's death

The son of Isak Andic, the founder of the fashion chain Mango, has been released on bail of €1m (£866,000) after being arrested and questioned in connection with his father’s death in Catalonia almost 18 months ago.

Axar.az informs, citing The Guardian, Andic died in December 2024 after apparently falling 100 metres down a ravine while hiking in Montserrat, near Barcelona, with his son, Jonathan. His death aged 71 prompted tributes to him from politicians, journalists and the fashion world.

An initial investigation by the Catalan police, the Mossos d’Esquadra, concluded the death was an accident, but officers and judicial sources told El País and La Vanguardia last year that the case was being treated as a possible homicide.

On Tuesday the Mossos d’Esquadra said Jonathan Andic, who is now vice-chair of the Mango board, had been arrested and taken to appear before a judge in the Catalan city of Martorell. The 45-year-old was released after posting the €1m bail.

Read more here.

Date
2026.05.20 / 17:55
Author
Axar.az
See also

Ushakov signals possible Putin-Trump meeting in China

Israel’s parliament takes first step toward dissolution

Armenia not take any abrupt actions in relations with Russia

Moscow rejects claims of Russian campaign against Pashinyan

Ukraine hits Russian refinery for second time in week - Video

Meloni shares gift from Modi on social media - Video

Araghchi: Our Armed Forces 1st to strike down a touted F-35

San Diego mosque attack livestreamed by gunmen - Video

Ryazan oil refinery halted output after drone attack

Lithuania issues air alert over drone detection

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla