UP

US plans major cut to fighter jets, warships in Europe

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
US plans major cut to fighter jets, warships in Europe

The United States plans to significantly reduce the aircraft and warships that it makes available for ​NATO operations in Europe, the New York Times reported ‌on Friday, citing two senior European officials.

Axar.az informs via Reuters, the decision would limit NATO's ability to launch long-range strikes and conduct surveillance, the report said.

The U.S. ​plan includes cutting the number of F-16 and F-15E fighter ​jets from roughly 150 to 100, as well as ⁠reducing maritime reconnaissance aircraft from 26 to 15 and removing ​all eight aerial refuelling tanker jets it previously made available to ​Europe, the report said.

It also aims to redeploy a missile-launching submarine and an aircraft carrier, along with several warships and scores of jets that join ​the carrier’s missions, the New York Times said, adding that ​one of two groups of bombers previously assigned for Europe’s defence may also ‌be ⁠reallocated.

Date
2026.06.12 / 12:35
Author
Axar.az
See also

Pope Leo calls for end to violence against Palestinians

Egypt's El-Sisi meets Trump envoy Jared Kushner

India’s Defense Secretary arrives in Armenia

Iran parliament advances bill to curb foreign influence

Houthis launch missile attacks on al-Makha and Marib

IDF struck Islamic Jihad and Hamas members in Gaza

Turkiye identifies 43 suspects in forest fire cases

Zimbabwe boat accident death toll rises to 80

Israel faces $142 billion war bill as costs mount

Iran: US bases cannot resume Middle East operations

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla