UP

Six migrants die in Mediterranean, 300 rescued

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Six migrants die in Mediterranean, 300 rescued

Rescuers saved around 300 migrants from rubber and wooden boats in the Mediterranean on Wednesday but recovered six dead bodies during the operations, the Italian coastguard said.

Axar.az informs, coastguard and naval ships as well as two privately owned tugs rescued the people from four boats in the central Mediterranean, the coastguard said in a statement. It gave no details on the nationalities of those saved or those who died.

Most of the more than 4,700 deaths in the Mediterranean counted by the International Organization for Migration so far this year were reported in crossings to Italy from Libya, where traffickers have taken advantage of lawlessness to set up profitable businesses.

Date
2016.12.21 / 22:58
Author
Axar.az
See also

UFO files: 13 fighter jets chased flying object

US says IRGC officers operating inside Lebanon

Stavros Floros declared symbolic champion of Survivor

EU will return to buying Russian gas once war ends

War reached turning point as pressure on Russia grows

Explosion at MOL plant in Tiszaujvaros kills one - Video

Iran and Oman in talks over Hormuz ship payment system

US House Republicans cancel Iran war powers vote

Rubio says US arrested sister of Cuba’s GAESA chief

Drone strike hits college dorm in Luhansk, 4 killed

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla