|Home page World|
North Korea fired two missiles into the sea on Saturday, South Korea’s military said, a blow to the U.S hopes that the launches would stop and nuclear talks would resume after military exercises concluded earlier this week.
Axar.az reports citing Korean Central News Agency that it was the seventh weapons test in a month and occurred despite what President Donald Trump had said was a promise by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to stop the launches after the joint U.S.-South Korean drills.
They were launched from the northeastern Sunduk area at 6:45 a.m. and 7:02 a.m., the military said, adding it was working with U.S. intelligence officials to determine the exact type of missiles fired.
"Our military is monitoring the situation in case of additional launches and maintaining a readiness posture," the JCS said.
“As North Korea closely monitors regional affairs, I believe the country took advantage of the situation,” Iwaya was quoted.
“We are ready for both dialogue and stand-off,” Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said in a statement.
2019.08.24 / 09:52