UP

Iran close to ‘red line’ with uranium enrichment plans

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Iran close to ‘red line’ with uranium enrichment plans

Iran is moving close to the "red line" after recent statement that it could increase its uranium enrichment capacity if the nuclear deal falls apart, French foreign minister said on Wednesday.

Axar.az informs citing AA.

"I think this initiative is not welcome, it shows irritation [of Tehran]. It is always dangerous to approach a red line," Jean-Yves Le Drian told Europe 1 radio.

However, Le Drian said plans to save the nuclear agreement remained intact.

"As for now, the initiative that has been undertaken to increase capacities on uranium enrichment remains fully within the bounds of the Vienna agreement… What was announced yesterday remains fully within the framework of the agreement," he added.

The nuclear deal, also known as Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was signed between Tehran and world’s major powers China, Russia, France, the U.K., and U.S., plus Germany.

U.S. President Donald Trump last month pulled the U.S. out of the nuclear agreement with Iran, claiming that Iran was running a secret program to build nuclear weapons.

French president Emmanuel Macron told Israeli Premier Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday that the JCPOA should be preserved to maintain regional peace.

Date
2018.06.06 / 16:25
Author
Axar.az
See also

World leaders send greetings to Ilham Aliyev

Azerbaijan and France leaders hold phone call

Gafarova departs for Russia to attend CIS IPA meetings

Azerbaijan, UN-Habitat launch Baku Urban Award

Bayramov meets EU official Olaf Skoog in Baku

Leadership of Ministry of Defense visits Turkiye

Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss economic cooperation

Putin arrives in China for official visit

Bayramov holds talks with Sudanese Foreign Minister

NGO Forum held at Azerbaijan's initiative for first time

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla