UP

Bucharest housing block explosion kills three

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Bucharest housing block explosion kills three

A powerful explosion tore through two stories of an apartment building in Romania’s capital on Friday, killing three people and injuring at least 13 others.

Axar.az informs the explosion affected the fifth and sixth floors of the eight-story building, according to the capital’s Inspectorate for Emergency Situations.

More than a dozen emergency vehicles, including 11 fire engines and four mobile intensive care units, were dispatched to the scene of the blast on Calea Rahovei in Bucharest’s Sector 5.

The cause of the fatal blast was not immediately clear, but authorities said the gas supply had been shut off in the area as a safety precaution.

Romania’s Ministry of Health said victims had been reported with polytrauma and burns.

The ministry later said one person was found dead under a concrete slab on the building’s sixth floor. At least 13 people were transported to hospitals in the capital.

Date
2025.10.17 / 14:37
Author
Axar.az
See also

Trump: Iran will not make deal he considers necessary

Fidan, Araghchi discuss Hormuz talks and ceasefire

Ukraine recapture Andriivka-Klevtsove settlements

Trump says Kim Jong Un open to talks with US

Helicopter crash on Greek island of Sifnos kills three

Israel, Board of Peace to establish two Gaza working groups

Russia struck two cargo vessels in Ukrainian ports

IRGC denies talks with US, calls Trump's claim lie

5.4-magnitude earthquake strikes off Kamchatka coast

Armed men seize vessel off the coast of Somalia

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla