UP

Romania shot down second drone breaching its airspace

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Romania shot down second drone breaching its airspace

Romania said on Saturday that it had shot down a second drone breaching national airspace in as many days over a sparsely populated area near the border with Ukraine.

Axar.az reports, citing Reuters, the first drone, which Romanian prosecutors investigating the fragments said was Russian, was shot down by the NATO state on Friday, the first time it has done so after dozens of airspace breaches.

President Nicusor Dan took to social media to say the second drone had been shot down at 8:30 a.m. (0530 GMT), 10 km (6 miles) west of Sfantu Gheorghe in the Danube Delta.

The defense ministry said the airspace breach had been spotted by radar at 8:22 a.m., and two F-16 fighter jets had been scrambled.

It did not specify the origin of Saturday’s drone; prosecutors said the drone downed on Friday had been Russian.

Date
2026.07.25 / 12:56
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iran: Ukraine apologized for Caspian Sea vessel attack

Russia ready to resume Armenian agricultural imports

Lavrov warns UK over military involvement in Ukraine war

Russian military losses updated on day 1638

Four killed in drone attack on minibus in Kherson - Photo

Two killed, 10 injured in Russian attacks on Zaporizhzhia

France to expel two Iranian diplomats

5.6-magnitude quake shakes China

Ushakov: Russia rules out front-line freeze in Ukraine

Araghchi: Iran wants war over, ceasefire not good enough

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla