Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

Yemeni defense minister survives Houthi rocket attack

Home page Incident
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Yemeni Defense Minister on Tuesday survived a rocket attack by Houthi rebels in the northerwestern Maarib province, a military source said.

Axar.az reports citing Anadolu Agency.

The attack targeted the ministry's headquarters during a meeting attended by minister Mohammed al-Maqdashi and other military commanders of the Saudi-led coalition, the source said on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media.

Two soldiers were killed in the attack.

There was no comment from the Shia Houthi group on the report.

Houthis remain in control of Sirwah directorate in Maarib province and use the mountainous heights to target government headquarters and residential neighborhoods.

Yemen has been beset by violence and chaos since 2014, when Houthi rebels overran much of the country, including Sanaa. The crisis escalated in 2015 when a Saudi-led military coalition launched a devastating air campaign aimed at rolling back Houthi territorial gains.

Since then, tens of thousands of Yemenis, including numerous civilians, are believed to have been killed in the conflict, while another 14 million are at risk of starvation, according to the UN.

Date
2019.10.29 / 19:11
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

5.0-magnitude quake hits Iran

Turkish fighters bombed terrorists

A powerful explosion in the Caspian Sea - Video

Magnitude 5.9 erthquake occurs in Chile

5.1-magnitude earthquake rattles southern Philippines

Hot air balloon crash kills five in New Mexico

Earthquake in Istanbul: residential building was damaged

Boat collided with a ship in Istanbul - Video

Powerful explosion in China: 11 dead, more than 140 injured

Fire at an oil refinery in Tehran - Video

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla