Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

Nude photo scandal sweeps entire Pentagon

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

A Defense Department investigation into a website publishing nude photos submitted by Marines has now spread to other branches of the military.

Axar.az reports that AnonIB is best known for publishing celebrity nudes, and contains a message board in which military servicepeople submit nude photos, names and duty stations of servicewomen, generally without their knowledge or consent.

Users would exchange comments on the photos as well, which they referred to as "wins," with a user asking about a photograph depicting a woman from the Massachusetts National Guard, "Anyone got any wins for this one?"

This message board was revealed days after the Marines United Facebook group was exposed. About 30,000 retired and active-duty US Marines are members of the group, which contains misogynistic comments under nude photos of female Marines.

One Marine who posted a photo of an unsuspecting female colleague was encouraged to "take her out back and pound her out." Members left the group in droves after journalist Thomas James Brennan first revealed its existence.

On Wednesday former Marine Erika Butner, and active duty Marine Marisa Woytek, came forward claiming that their photos had been shared online without their consent, and that though such behavior has been going on for more than a decade, superior officers typically look the other way.

The 23-year-old Butner said that before she left the service in 2016 she told investigators about an online source that served "indecent photos of women from all military services, organized by name, rank and even where they were stationed…As a Marine Corps veteran, I am disheartened and disgusted with this scandal," she told a news conference.

As a criminal investigation into the sites begin, with hundreds of Marines implicated, Senior Master Sgt. Ronald Green, the Marine’s top enlisted man, called Marines United the “tip of the spear” while speaking to Congress.

Date
2017.03.11 / 09:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Supreme Court rejects final Trump election challenge

Maduro says he feels well after vaccination with Sputnik V

Libyan parliament convenes to vote on the new government

U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass 29 mln

Erdogan and Johnson had a telephone conversation

The Pope called the pandemic a prison

Azerbaijan has increased imports from the EU

Russian FM begins official visit to UAE

Iran reports 8,313 new COVID-19 cases

The US blocks delivery of Turkish helicopters to Pakistan

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla