Axar.az
UP
3 June 2020


Iranian defense minister disbelieves Trump’s rhetoric

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Iranian Defense Minister Amir Hatami said on Thursday that he dismissed claims made by US President Donald Trump on swiftly withdrawing US troops from Syria as a hoax on the part of Washington.

Axar.az reports quoting Sputnik.

"I was very surprised when I heard these words from Trump, because the Americans planned their military presence in Syria and sought [the country's] division. When I heard it, I didn't believe it and first asked myself: why do they make such announcements? But considering my knowledge and my experience, I think it is their new conspiracy," the minister said on the sidelines of the seventh Moscow Conference on International Security (MCIS) in an interview with RT.

He added that reports, which followed the US president’s announcements, on the country’s top security officials advising him against the move show internal contradictions in the Trump administration.

Earlier on Thursday, the CNN, citing a source from US administration, said that incoming US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford have recommended that President Donald Trump should not immediately withdraw troops from Syria, as the move would go against national interests.

Last week, Trump said that the United States would leave Syria "very soon" and let other countries "take care of it." The US Defense Department did not confirm these withdrawal plans.

According to the reports, Trump complained of the amount of money the United States spends on operations in Syria and Iraq without gaining anything in return, but the officials said that an immediate withdrawal would be a mistake, as it would allow Russia, Turkey and Iran to freely pursue their own interests in the region, something which runs counter to the US agenda.

Date
2018.04.06 / 10:25
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Trump: ‘National Guard is ready’ to take action in NYC

Turkey`s Defense Minister stated on FETO

50,000 coronavirus deaths as lockdown breaks down

Kazakhstan refuses to join the Union State with Russia

Nikol is not infected with the coronavirus - Asryan

The deputy of Sarraj arrived in Moscow

Pope's shocking statement: The US has defeated itself

No US base is being built in Kazakhstan - President

Turkey`s reaction to the events in the United States

Over 9,000 people detained in the US during protests

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla