UP

Facebook staff anger over Trump post

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Facebook staff anger over Trump post

Facebook staff have spoken out against the tech giant's decision not to remove or flag a controversial post by US President Donald Trump last week.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media.

Mr Trump took to Facebook to repeat a tweet about the widespread protests in Minneapolis, following the death of George Floyd in police custody.

Twitter had placed a warning over the content, which it said "glorified violence", but Facebook said it did not violate its company policy.

Some staff said they were ‘ashamed’.

The president said he would "send in the National Guard", and warned that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

The post remains untouched on Facebook after founder Mark Zuckerberg said it did not violate the company’s policy around incitement of violence.

Date
2020.06.01 / 23:53
Author
Axar.az
See also

Zelensky says Russia has up to 630 ballistic missiles

Tokayev: Too early to discuss another presidential term

Armenian soldier found dead with gunshot wound

Kazakhstan’s Kurultai election turnout exceeds 53%

Pakistan army chief to visit Tehran on Monday

Iran-linked hackers shut down UK power plant for four days

Zelensky holds talks with Finnish, Latvian and Swedish PMs

Canada wants benefits of statehood without joining US

Russian army losses updated 1,642nd day of war

Trump’s Iran attack increased desire for nuclear weapons

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla