UP

Erdogan called Obama after Orlando mass shooting

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Erdogan called Obama after Orlando mass shooting

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called U.S. President Barack Obama to express Turkey's support in the aftermath of Sunday's massacre in the U.S. city of Orlando that left dozens of people dead, sources at the Turkish presidency said Wednesday.

According to the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, Erdogan said the Orlando shooting "once again" revealed the need for the international community to be together in the struggle against terrorism.

The Turkish president also said Islam must not be associated with terrorism, adding that terrorism was "one of the greatest crimes against humanity."

He added that Turkey had been "always open" to cooperation against terrorism.

Date
2016.06.16 / 09:59
Author
Mehpara Huseynova
See also

Putin thanks Xi Jinping for warm welcome

5.6 magnitude quake hits Turkiye - Video

Magnitude 4.7 earthquake strikes Southern Iran region

Latvia summons Russian envoy over drone claims

Putin: Russia-China relations at unprecedented heights

US seized Iran-linked oil tanker in the Indian Ocean

Russia and China extend Friendship Treaty

Lebanon says 19 killed in Israeli air strikes

Ibrahim Kalin holds talks with Ahmad al-Sharaa in Damascus

Syria reinforces ban on Israeli goods

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla