UP

At least five people killed after floods strike

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
At least five people killed after floods strike

Three more people died as torrential rain and flash floods battered southeastern Spain, raising the death toll to five with the rising waters causing havoc for travellers and forcing 3,500 people from their homes, officials said Friday.

Axar.az reports citing France 24 that the latest fatality was a man whose body was found in the area of Redovan, some 50 kilometres (30 miles) southwest of the city of Alicante, a spokeswoman for the emergency services said, without giving details.

Earlier in the day, a 36-year-old man died in the Andalusia region after his car was swept away in the rushing waters, the local emergency services said. His empty car had been found earlier in the day.

Also in the morning, a middle-aged man died in the coastal city of Almeria after his car got stuck in a tunnel that flooded within minutes, they said.

City mayor Ramon Fernandez-Pacheco told Cadena Ser radio that police managed to save two other people who were also in the vehicle but were unable to save him.

More than 3,500 people have been evacuated from their homes, the interior ministry said.

Date
2019.09.14 / 10:37
Author
Axar.az
See also

Israel deports all foreign Sumud flotilla activists

Iran, US move closer to potential ceasefire deal

Lukashenko, Putin observe joint nuclear forces exercise

NATO chief reaffirms security commitment to Latvia

Turkish court suspends CHP leadership in major ruling

Syria to attend G7 summit in France as guest nation

UK summons Israeli chargé d’affaires over detainee video

Ukraine unveils Begemot strike UAV - Photo

WUF13 roundtable focuses on civil society and housing

Ukrainian army losses updated on 1,548th day of war

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla