UP

Morocco confirms the first mpox case in the current outbreak

Home page Health
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Morocco has confirmed a case of mpox in a man in the city of Marrakech, the health ministry said.

Axar.az reports that this is the first such discovery since the current outbreak was declared a public health emergency of international concern by the World Health Organization (WHO) last month.

That was in response to the rapid spread of a new variant, or clade, of the virus in central Africa. The Moroccan authorities have not said which variant the man has.

The health ministry said he is receiving treatment and is in a stable condition.

Moroccan authorities are tracing and monitoring the health of all the people the man has had contact with. None were showing any symptoms, the statement released on Thursday afternoon said.

Mpox can be spread through close personal contact with someone who is infected.

It can also be spread through touching objects that have been contaminated by the virus, such as bedding, clothing and towels.

Date
2024.09.13 / 09:37
Author
Axar.az
See also

Early smoking increases cancer risk up to 4 times

Chikungunya fever is spreading rapidly in South China

Harmanci: COVID-19 still present, caution needed

Millions at risk as US ends AIDS funding - UNAIDS report

Smart hydrogel developed to heal chronic wounds faster

WHO pushes bold reforms, launching 3 by 35 initiative

Scientists discover new coronavirus

Azerbaijan performs first deceased donor organ transplants

Fifty countries affected by USAID freeze - WHO

Monkeypox case confirmed in Azerbaijan

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla