|Home page Interview|
Axar.az received a guest from Sweden, well-known psychiatrist Niclas Malmborg while visiting Azerbaijan upon requests of his patients. In an interview we put a series of questions which at the end became a friendly conversation. We are pleased to share some of interesting parts of that interview.
– Hello Niclas. First of all, I want you to know that, you’re always welcome in Azerbaijan.
– Thank you very much. It’s a great honor to be here today, with you.
– Niclas, what brought you here? Work or travel?
– Actually, as you know I am a psychiatrist and I have a numerous patients all over the world and in Azerbaijan as well. I have been conducting regular visits to them; we’re talking 150 countries approximately. That is why I am here.
– It’s very incredible to hear that. You’ve almost taken a world tour.
– Yes, if I lived in ancient times, I would probably be an explorer (laughing..).
– As you mentioned, you’ve been traveled 150 countries. There is one thing that causes a wonder to me a lot and that is what makes Azerbaijan different than other countries that you’ve travelled.
– Well, to answer this question correctly one must compare his/her native country with Azerbaijan. In this sense, before I came here, I imagined that I’ll travel to one of the 3rd world country, where poor conditions wait for me. But when the plane landed, I surprised and started realizing that “Oh my God, did this plane land in wrong country? Have I taken the plane correctly?”. The answer was simple: “Yes.” Because, Baku is incredibly beautiful than I expected. The historical and modern designed buildings exhibits clear perfectionism. Apart from these, the most important thing that drags my attention is the mutual understanding and tolerance of Azerbaijanis. For a Swedish, walking in the streets, dressing the way I wanted is more welcomed in here than Sweden, I guarantee you that. Sweden is my native country, I was born in there but Azerbaijan is such a good country that friendly people lives in here. I don’t even feel safe as I do now, when I’m in Sweden.
– Thank you for Niclas, we appreciate you to have accepted our invitation. We feel honored to host a guest like you. Hope someday we’ll have the opportunity to see you again.
– It’s my pleasure to be here and for sure, it will be a great occasion to see you again.
2018.11.14 / 15:20