Axar.az
UP

Saudi war killed 106 Yemeni civilians in 1 month

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The United Nations human rights office says 106 civilians have been killed in Yemen, mostly by airstrikes and shelling by the Saudi regime and its allies, during the past month alone.

Axar.az reports that in a statement marking the second anniversary of the Saudi war, which was launched on March 26, 2015, the UN human rights office said 4,773 civilians had been killed and 8,272 wounded in the two years of the Saudi campaign.

Local Yemeni sources put the death toll at over 12,000, including many women and children.

Saudi Arabia has been leading the destructive campaign against Yemen in an attempt to reinstate Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, the president who has resigned and is a staunch ally of Riyadh, and crush the Houthi Ansarullah movement. The campaign has seriously damaged Yemen's infrastructure.

According to Yemen’s al-Masirah television, Saudi warplanes pounded a market in the center of the city of Sa’ada on Friday, killing three civilians and injuring three others.

Earlier on Friday, a man and a child were killed in a Saudi air raid on a residential building in the district of Majz in Sa’ada province. A woman was also wounded in the attack.

In retaliation for the deadly attacks, snipers of the Yemeni army and popular committees shot dead two Saudi soldiers in the military bases of al-Shabakeh and al-Faridah in the kingdom’s southwestern region of Jizan on Friday.

Also in Jizan, Yemeni artillery shells hit the military bases of Marbah and al-Dukhan.

Yemeni troops also fired Grad rockets at several military positions in the kingdom’s region of Asir.

There were no immediate reports of possible casualties among the Saudi military men.

Date
2017.03.25 / 09:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
Memorial Zefer
See also

The condition of normalization from Arabia to Israel

The UAE sent oil to Europe for the first time in two years

Covid fines were abolished in Moscow

Day 91: Russia's losses announced

In Yerevan, protesters blocked the entrance to the PA

The Russians have changed their offensive tactics

The concession window to Iran is already closed

Zelensky's response to Shoigu's intentional claim

These organizations suspending their activities in Tehran

Russia will be subject to the 7th package of sanctions

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla